Friday, January 18, 2013

Simple Review: MUA LIP BOOM by Make Up Academy Professional

You know how addicted I am to lipstick and I have about more than 60 lippie on my vanity and some on my bag and purse. ( hopefully hubby doesn't read this or else ha ha ha!) but this doesn't stop me from acquiring more of them as I'm a lippie kind of gal. I seldom put make up on but lipstick I've got to have it. 
In my bag I have about 2 or 3 lippie that I carry everyday. I was even able to be an impromptu make up artist  just by using some of the  lippies I have in my bag.  Talk about diskarte.  lol
 I was supposed to be a photographer on this shoot pero the Make up artist wasn't able to make it.
Okay enough of that bragging and let's go to our main issue here.

Today I'm going to give you MUA Lip Boom.


Item Desription

Lipstick and highlighting gloss that creates fuller curvaceous lips for a dramatic illusion of volume. There are 4 amazing ways to transform your lips and give them some Boom!

1. Lipstick alone for a matte look.
2. Lipstick with highlighter applied just to the centre of your lips to create a full volume illusion.
3. Lipstick with highlighter all over for a super-glossy look.
4. Highlighter alone for a sheer pearl finish.



here's my MUA Lip Boom collection

L to R: OMG, Doin' Good, Ok.Com,  It's a Situation, Cheeky, Vibe and Bring it.



I've read some reviews about this stuff and some says Yay and some says Nay. Again the curiousity in me kicked in and ordered most the shades.

I haven't swatched all of them yet but I've already tried Doin Good on today( 2nd photo from L on the above). 

Gliding the stick on lips feels good. Application is neither thick nor heavy. It actually feels light and sometimes I don't feel like  I'm wearing a lipstick. Compared to some matte lippies that I have, this is really light.  Color is matte yes but the finish is like velvet matte on my lips. If  you guys tried Chanel RA velvet line Which we all love, that's the  kind of finish I got from it. Nice isn't it? 

 I drank from the glass there's just a little transfer of the lippie. I also don't have  retouch after eating lunch. Another Yay for that. 



Now for the Gloss. Well the gloss is not really my thing but since the lippie comes with it and I'm doing this review I might as well include it.  

The only downside of this product is  the shimmery lipgloss because I'm not really fond of shimmery lippie. So I don't think I'd be able to use them. Yes, this is just me being OC.

And also the gloss  has this tiny bit of buttery vanilla scent that I can smell during application.  But I'm not really bothered with that. So that's okay. The gloss for me is not too thick or sticky, yes I know you'd ask me something and the answer is  NO definitely not as thick and sticky  as MAC lip glass for sure. =))


Over all I would say I really like  this collection of MUA Lip Boom. (Except for the lipgloss.)
but with the  price of only Php 280.00 a pop. How can you say no to that, right?  =)

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails